Sunday, June 7, 2009

Backlog/upcoming show schedule/autism fundraising.

So lately, I've been a busy busy bee, which explains why it took me so long to get the Grizzly Bear review up. In that time, I have seen a few shows which need to be reviewed:

June 5 - Jane's Addiction/Nine Inch Nails/Street Sweeper Social Club
June 6 - The Decemberists/Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3

Plus, I have several shows coming up:

June 7 - PJ Harvey & John Parish
June 11 - Band of Horses/Arbouretum (acoustic)
June 12 - John Vanderslice/The Tallest Man on Earth
June 13-14 - Zoop! (the Mountain Goats/John K. Samson/Peter Hughes)

I am going to try to get the NIN/JA, Decemberists, and PJ Harvey reviews up on the blog next week, but I make no promises; my work schedule has been hell lately, and the rest of my schedule is absolutely hellish this week; on Monday and Tuesday I have two different doctor appointments, and Wednesday is pretty much my last evening I have free to make preparations and pack for Zoop!

And while I have you here, I'd like to talk to you a bit about my autism fundraiser. To your left you should see a thermometer that represents how far along I am in my fundraising efforts for my autism walk. I have worked with individuals with developmental disabilities for nearly ten years, and this is a cause that is important to me. This year, I have set a rather ambitious fundraising goal for myself, and I am hoping that you will consider donating to help me reach my goal.

As a thank you, should you choose to help, I will accept a request for one family-friendly cover song, which I will record and then distribute to all donors on a compilation CD. This is my third year playing cover songs for donations, and so far it is my most successful year yet. Last year, I covered Coldplay, Lou Reed, Shearwater, Okkervil River, Bob Dylan, *NSYNC, and the Most Unwanted Song. Two years ago, this atrocity was unleashed upon the world in exchange for some much-needed funding for autism research:


I would like to assure you also that 100% of your donation will go to the autism fund; the cost of production and distribution of the CD is handled completely out of pocket by me.

And, just to raise the ante, if I reach my goal of $750, Bill and I will collaborate on a sequel/continuation of the Mountain Goats and John Vanderslice's brilliant Moon Colony Bloodbath EP. If I do not reach the goal, this does not happen. The MCB sequel is in addition to the cover song compilation, not instead of.

If you are able to help out, I would appreciate if you donate by clicking on the thermometer to the left or by going to http://tinyurl.com/thom09. If you do not want to donate online, you can e-mail me by clicking the e-mail link to your left and I will send you instructions on where and how to mail in a check. If you donate, please e-mail me your request rather than leaving it in the comments; I think it's more fun when the songs are a surprise for all of the recipients!

The walk is this coming Saturday, June 13, but I will continue to raise money until the end of July. Thanks in advance for your support, and thank you as always for reading!
blog comments powered by Disqus